Mini Banana Donut Holes.
You can have Mini Banana Donut Holes using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mini Banana Donut Holes
- It’s 2 tbsp of vegetable oil, plus more for frying.
- You need 2 tbsp of corn starch.
- It’s 1 1/3 cup of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 cup of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of granulated sugar (2nd cup).
- Prepare 1 cup of milk.
- You need 1 large of egg.
- Prepare 1 cup of mashed (about 2 overripe) bananas.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of banana extract (optional)/vanilla extract.
Mini Banana Donut Holes step by step
- Heat about 2 inches vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat until a deep-fry thermometer registers 375°F..
- Meanwhile, whisk the flour, baking powder, corn starch, salt, 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and the 1/2 cup granulated sugar in a large bowl..
- Then whisk the egg, milk, mashed bananas, and 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in another bowl. Add the banana extract, if desired..
- Combine the (2nd) 1/2 cup granulated sugar and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon in a shallow bowl and set aside..
- Mix the banana mixture into the dry flour mixture until moistened..
- Working in batches, drop rounded 1/2 tablespoon of dough into the hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 15 seconds each side..
- Remove with a slotted spoon, and drain on paper towels. Roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture while still warm..