Baked Red Velvet Donuts. You guys, recipes like this almost write the post for themselves. Super moist and spongy baked donuts in classic red velvet flavor topped with powdered sugar or classic vanilla icing. I hope you have some fun on the books for this weekend?
Important to know: you will need a donut pan to make this recipe. First up, red velvet donuts plus two more other types of Valentine's donuts! I made some Valentine's donuts last year when I made these Baked S'mores This year, I made three different baked cake donut recipes: Vanilla, red velvet, and chocolate. You can cook Baked Red Velvet Donuts using 16 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked Red Velvet Donuts
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- It’s 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
- It’s 1/2 cup of & 2 tsp vegetable oil.
- You need 1 tbs of red food coloring.
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of vinegar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of granulated sugar.
- It’s 1.25 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1.5 tsp of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare of Cream Cheese Icing.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of powdered sugar.
- You need 1 oz of cream cheese.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/2-1 tsp of milk.
All three baked donut recipes are without yeast. This post may contain affiliate links. These moist red velvet donuts topped with an amazing cream cheese frosting are too delicious to resist. Is it maybe only "donut" because Dunkin' Donuts says so?
Baked Red Velvet Donuts instructions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180C). Lightly coat donut pans with oil/butter..
- In a large bowl, mix together all-purpose flour, baking soda, salt, cocoa powder, and sugar. Sift them in order to mix them easily with wet ingredients. Set aside..
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, buttermilk, oil, vanilla, red food coloring, and vinegar..
- Slowly pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, whisking them together until all the clumps are gone. Batter will have a very heavy and wet texture..
- Using an icing bag (or a zip lock bag with the corner cut out), pipe the donut mix into the donut pan. You can also spoon the donut mix in, but it will be messier and harder to get an even fill. Fill the donut rings to about 3/4 full. Bake for about 15-17 minutes..
- Let donuts cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then gently remove them and place on a wire rack to cool completely. Drizzle with the icing..
- For the Vanilla Cream Cheese Icing Combine cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla in a small bowl. Use a spatula to press the ingredients around until combined. Add the milk a little at a time to get the desired consistency..
I like "donut" better but that's simply because I'm lazy and would rather not type out an So. Instead of doing anything important last week, I baked red velvet doughnuts. They were way too good not to share, and the. Red Velvet can come in many forms which is why I've decided to combine the flavor of red velvet cake with the fun single-serve nature of a donut! From the rich red color and tender texture, to the bright white tangy icing, these Red Velvet Donuts are so impressive, and way easier to bake than they look.