Jamaican chicken soup. Jump to Recipe Jump to Recipe. Jamaican chicken and pumpkin soup is an excellent fall recipe. It encompasses that autumn feel and crosses those elements with flavors from the islands.
Beef soup, red peas soup, mannish water, fish tea, chicken foot soup; you name it we make it. So, I'm excited to share my Jamaican chicken soup recipe with you. It is flavorful and hearty, truly a full. You can have Jamaican chicken soup using 20 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Jamaican chicken soup
- Prepare 1 bunch of fresh thyme.
- It’s 2 of spring onions.
- It’s 1 of medium carrot.
- It’s 4 pieces of chicken on bone.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of chicken powder.
- It’s 1 of grace chicken noodle soup mix.
- Prepare 1 of lump of butter.
- It’s 1 of scotch bonnet.
- Prepare 7 of white flesh sweet potatoes small.
- You need 3 of medium potatoes.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of pimento berries or all spice berries.
- Prepare Half of a medium pumpkin.
- It’s 1 of medium cassava.
- It’s 2 of spring onions.
- Prepare 2 of corn on the cob.
- Prepare of Dumplings.
- It’s 250 g of flour.
- It’s of Water.
- It’s 1/2 tablespoon of salt.
While the verdict is still out that Jamaican chicken soup may cure the common cold and other virus-causing ailments such as the flu and pneumonia, I still think it's best to visit a health care practitioner. Today, I decided share a classic Jamaican chicken soup recipe for you to try too. It's a bit The cold mornings where my mother used to serve us jamaican chicken soup while school's canceled. A good Jamaican chicken soup recipe focuses on making the best of available resources to create a tasty soup that appeals to taste and smell, has a pleasant texture and even a pleasing appearance.
Jamaican chicken soup instructions
- Peel and cube the pumpkin And remove the seeds. Place in boiled water until soft and remove from the water. Keep the water in the pot. Mash the soft pumpkin and place it back in the pot of water..
- Add the washed chicken pieces in to the pot, along with the thyme, spring onions, pimento beans or all spice berries (I used all spice). Poke a little hole in the scotch bonnet and add to the pot. You might want to remove the scotch bonnet after 20 mins to avoid it being too spicy. I kept mine in..
- Peel and cut the potatoes, Carrot, cassava and cut sweet corn. Rinse and then put these in the pot also. Also add the packet of grace chicken noodle soup mix..
- Whilst this is cooking, prepare the dumplings. Place the flour and salt in a bowl and mix with a bit of water. It should start to form a dough. Add more flour if too sticky. Once the dough is less sticky, start to knead it and create little long sticks. Put these into the pot too..
- The potatoes and cassava pieces should now be soft. Add in the butter and chicken powder. Add additional seasoning to suit your tastes. I used butter, salt and chicken powder for mine and it was perfect..
- Enjoy! 😋😋😋.
Hot, succulent Jamaican Jerk Chicken is a tropical treat. You'll love the heat and flavor of this fiery Jamaican Jerk Chicken. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility. Jamaican Chicken Soup Recipe A Traditional Saturday Favourite. This Jamaican Chicken Soup Recipe is quick and easy to follow. The end result too is finger-licking good.