Egyptian creamy lentil soup with angel hair. Try Our Well Yes!® Soups Crafted with Ingredients You Can Feel Good About. add another tablespoon of oil to the same pot, and add angel hair. stir fry until light brown.be ready with the pureed lentils because angel hair darkens fast. once most angel hair is light brown pour lentils into angel hair. See great recipes for Egyptian creamy lentil soup with angel hair too! See great recipes for Egyptian street juicy meat shawerma too!.
What is it: An authentic Egyptian street delicacy, prepared from a mixture of rice, lentils, and macaroni, having chickpeas and onions as a garnish. You can even season it with spicy tomato sauce for a sensational taste. What does it taste like: Its ingredients make it a healthy vegan recipe, while the addition of hot sauces and other. You can have Egyptian creamy lentil soup with angel hair using 13 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Egyptian creamy lentil soup with angel hair
- Prepare 1 cup of red lentils.
- Prepare 1 of zucchini.
- You need 1 of big or 8 baby carrots.
- It’s 1 of tomato.
- You need 2 of onions chopped -divided.
- You need 1/4 packages of angel hair.
- Prepare 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground corriander.
- Prepare 1 of water.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of milk.
- It’s 2 tbsp of veg. oil.
See more ideas about Egyptian food, Middle eastern recipes, African food. See more ideas about Egyptian food, Food, Middle eastern recipes. See more ideas about Vegan soups, Soup recipes, Vegetarian recipes. An Egyptian classic as old as time, gets an upgrade with the use of delightfully delicious PALMIERS (lunettes) instead of regular 'ol puff pastry or roaa (Egyptian flat bread).
Egyptian creamy lentil soup with angel hair step by step
- rinse the lentils well. 4 or 5 times. Add to a large pot. 4 or 5 quart pot is good..
- peel the skin of the zucchini by running a sharp knife on the skin just enough to remove the skin. cut head off and cut zucchini into 4 peices. Add to pot with lentils..
- add 8 baby carrots to pot with lentils.
- add 1 chopped onion and tomato to lentils.
- add enough water to cover everything in pot, you can add a little over a half an inch above everything..
- set the pot to medium heat and stir once it boils. leave for about 20 minutes until carrots get soft..
- uncover pot and leave to cool for 10 minutes. after cooled pour everything in blender and puree..
- meanwhile wash pot, dry and put 1 tablespoon oil to fry the other chopped onion. stir fry until golden. remove from pot and set aside.
- add another tablespoon of oil to the same pot, and add angel hair. stir fry until light brown.be ready with the pureed lentils because angel hair darkens fast. once most angel hair is light brown pour lentils into angel hair..
- add fried onion and spices. Add milk and stir.
- leave the stove on low and stir every 4 minutes until angel hair is cooked (soft). this will take about 15 to 20 minutes. If soup gets thick add water..
- enjoy hot with a spoon or dip pita bread into it..
- as the soup cools it thickens. just heat and add water to thin again..
A flavorful roasted butternut soup, blended smooth with cooked carrots and apples, sautéed celery, shallots, garlic and ginger and chicken stock. A flavorful creamy tomato soup made creamy without the use of cream. Hearty Lentil -Tomato Soup (Diabetes-Friendly) Wonderful tasty lentil soup. These veggie-packed soups will impress even the most devout meat lover. From creamy chowders to noodle soups, these are our best vegetarian soup recipes.