Sushi Rice (Shari, Sumeshi, Sushimeshi).
You can cook Sushi Rice (Shari, Sumeshi, Sushimeshi) using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sushi Rice (Shari, Sumeshi, Sushimeshi)
- It’s 2 of gou (=360ml or 300g) Short grain rice (turn into approx. 1.5 lb Sushi Rice).
- Prepare 3-4 tbsps of Rice vinegar or White wine vinegar.
- It’s 2 tbsps of Sugar.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Salt.
Sushi Rice (Shari, Sumeshi, Sushimeshi) instructions
- Put the rice into a bowl and pour cold water. Shape your hand like holing a tennis ball then rinse the rice drawing circles gently but quickly 10 times. Dispose the water. Repeat 4-5 times until the water gets semitransparent. Drain with the strainer..
- A tip: Some decades ago, they said you had to wash or scrub the rice to remove the smell. But because of development of rice-milling technology today, it's recommended to rinse it gently. If not, grains are likely to chip and run gooey after steam. Rice for Sushi must be cooked slightly harder than normal steamed rice..
- Put rinsed rice into the rice cooker and pour 400ml water. Or follow the scale inside if yours has it. Cook as usual, or if there's a menu for Sushi rice, you might be able to try to use it I haven't use this function ever though:).
- When the rice is done, swiftly add sugar, vinegar and salt on the rice and mix well. Not to crush the individual grains while mixing. Spread the seasoned rice onto a plate to cool down. If possible please fan to cook faster, so that the sushi rice gets shining..
- Just for your reference… the dinner of the day. Futo-maki sushi with this rice, Chilled tofu, Simmered squash with minced pork, Pea-tip salad..