You can cook Acorn Donuts using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Acorn Donuts
- Prepare 2 can of refrigerated canned biscuits.
- It’s 2 cup of chocolate chips.
- You need 1 tbsp of canola oil.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of hazelnuts, finely chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of pretzel sticks, cut in half.
- You need 1 of canola oil for frying.
Acorn Donuts instructions
- Remove biscuits from can and cut into quarters. Roll each quarter into a small ball and set aside..
- In a microwave safe bowl add chocolate and 1 tbsp canola oil. Mix well and microwave at 15 to 20 second intervals until chocolate is completely melted..
- In another bowl or paper plate, add crushed hazelnuts. Set aside..
- Layer a paper plate (or a regular plate ) with paper towels, set aside..
- In a large skillet, add enough canola oil for frying your biscuits about 2 to 3 inches worth..
- Over medium high heat, fry each of the dough balls until lightly golden brown in color. Drain on paper towels..
- Once cooled, dip one end of the biscuit ball into the chocolate to resemble a "cap" of the acorn. Shake off any excess chocolate and roll it in the crushed hazelnuts..
- Insert one half of a pretzel stick into the dipped chocolate end for the acorn "stem". Transfer these to a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and refrigerate long enough for the chocolate to set or until ready to use. Store in an airtight container..