Baked Powdered Sugar Donuts.
You can have Baked Powdered Sugar Donuts using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Baked Powdered Sugar Donuts
- It’s 1 cup of all purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp. of baking powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp. of baking soda.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 tsp. of ground nutmeg.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp. of salt.
- Prepare 1 of large egg, at room temperature.
- You need 1/3 cup of light brown sugar.
- It’s 1/4 cup of milk, at room temperature (any kind works).
- It’s 1/4 cup of plain yogurt or sour cream, at room temperature.
- You need 2 tbsp. of unsalted butter, melted.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp. of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1 cup of confectioners sugar.
Baked Powdered Sugar Donuts instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a donut pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside..
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Set aside..
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the egg, brown sugar, milk and yogurt (or sour cream) until smooth. Whisk in the melted butter and vanilla until fully combined. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined. Do not overmix..
- Spoon the batter into the donut pan. Per the recipes recommendation, I placed the batter into a large Ziploc bag, cut a hole at one corner and piped the batter into the donut cavities. Fill no more than 3/4 of the way full with batter..
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the edges are lightly browned. Let them sit in the donut pan for 2 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack and bake the remaining batter..
- To coat, place the confectioners sugar in a large Ziploc bag. Place the still warm donuts into the bag, one at a time. Seal the bag and shake to coat..
- Store leftovers covered at room temperature for up to 2 days..