You can cook Grilled Fajitas using 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Grilled Fajitas
- Prepare 3 lb of steak or chicken breast.
- Prepare 3 of bell peppers (color doesn't matter).
- You need 2 of red onion.
- Prepare 6 of fresh garlic clove finely minced.
- You need 1 jar of pace picante sauce.
- Prepare 3 oz of tequilla.
- You need 16 of burrito tortilla shells.
- It’s of shredded cheese.
- You need of sour cream (optional).
- It’s of rice (optional).
- You need of guacamole (optional).
- You need 3 oz of lime juice.
Grilled Fajitas step by step
- Take your choice of meat and place it in a large bowl or plastic bag along with the garlic, picante sauce, lime juice and tequila..
- Cut the bell pepper in half and clean out the hearts and place in the bowl with the meat..
- Slice the red onion into 1/4" slices and place in the bowl with the meat and peppers..
- Let the meat, peppers and onions marinade for 2 to 24 hours, flipping the bowl over periodically to make sure everything is covered..
- Once marinaded, remove the meat, peppers, and onions from the marinade, and place them on a grill. Cook the peppers & onions with indirect heat, while the meat cooks over the direct heat. I cook the steak until they are medium to medium well..
- Take the left over marinade, and place it in a sauce pan..
- Once the food is cooked, slice the meat, and peppers into 1/8" strips, and cut the onion slices to desired length. While you are slicing, turn a flame on the sauce pan of marinade. Bring to a boil for 3 minutes and then simmer until you are done slicing. I like this part because I sample as I go for quality control purposes of course..
- Dump the sliced food into a bowl, and combine with the heated marinade. Mix everything well..
- Spoon meat and veggies onto a tortilla shell and add cheese and the optional ingredients..
- Roll the tortilla and enjoy!.