Angel food cake. Angel food cake, or angel cake, is a type of sponge cake made with egg whites, flour, and sugar. A whipping agent, such as cream of tartar, is commonly added. It differs from other cakes because it.
Homemade angel food cake is worth the work. It is moist, unlike the sweet styrofoam available in the grocery bakery. A tube pan with a removable bottom is highly recommended. You can have Angel food cake using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Angel food cake
- Prepare 360 ml of egg whites (11-12 eggs).
- You need 125 g of plain flour.
- You need 300 g of caster sugar.
- It’s 1 tsp of cream of tartar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp. of freshly squeezed lemon juice.
- You need 2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of rose water or your favourite extract (almond, orange).
For our daughter's wedding, a friend made this lovely, airy cake from a It really is one of the best angel food cake recipes I've found. Serve slices plain or dress them up with. An Angel Food Cake, or Angel Cake, has a sweet golden brown crust with a soft and spongy snowy white interior. This cake is made with egg whites, sugar, vanilla and almond extracts, and flour.
Angel food cake step by step
- Sift the flour with half the amount of the sugar into a bowl. Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/gas 4. Get a two part angel food cake tube pan ready but do not grease it..
- Separate the eggs while cold – it’s much easier (some ideas for what to do with the egg yolks in the preface above) and bring them to room temperature..
- Place them in the bowl of a standing mixer with a balloon whisk attachment, or in a very large bowl if using a hand held mixer with a whisk. Beat until foamy..
- Add the cream of tartar, salt and the lemon juice and continue until soft peaks. Start adding the remaining sugar, by a tablespoon, and continue beating until the meringue is stiff and glossy and the sugar is used up. Add the vanilla extract and your flavour and beat in..
- Fold the flour and sugar mix into the meringue in four goes, using a spatula or a hand whisk – be careful not to deflate the mix..
- Pour it into the tin, cut a spatula through the batter to smooth it out and remove any air pockets..
- Bake for 40-45 minutes until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean and the sponge springs back when gently pressed..
- Immediately invert the tin and prop it up on an upturned bowl or small pot, so the cake is suspended in the tin. Leave it to cool completely..
- When cold, run a palette knife around the sides of the tin to release the cake, then run it along the bottom and around the tube to unmould it. Place on a serving dish and decorate with strawberries, cream, and all things summery..
Angel food cake is just a European sponge cake that immigrated to the United States and adopted the Angel food cake was ahead of its time. Or behind the times, depending on your views about fat. You can make the Best Angel Food Cake ever with just six ingredients! This cake is light, airy and SO much better than any store-bought version! Every respectable angel food cake requires two things: height and flavor.