Chirashizushi (Scattered Sushi).
You can cook Chirashizushi (Scattered Sushi) using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chirashizushi (Scattered Sushi)
- Prepare 4 cups of vinegared sushi rice → https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/250450-vinegared-sushi-rice.
- It’s 2 of shiitake mushrooms (soak them in water for more than 1 hour.).
- Prepare 1/2 of carrot (peel and cut into thin sticks).
- You need 1 of abura-age (deep-fried tofu).
- It’s 2 of eggs for kinshi-tamago (shredded thin omelette for topping).
- You need 1 bunch of spinach (trimmed and blanched in boiling water and cut into 3 cm for topping).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of red pickled ginger (for topping).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of toasted sesame seeds.
- It’s 280 ml of dashi (use the soaking liquid from shiitake mushrooms) *.
- It’s 40 ml of soy sauce *.
- Prepare 40 ml of mirin *.
- You need 30-40 g of sugar, to taste *.
Chirashizushi (Scattered Sushi) instructions
- Remove stems of shiitake mushrooms and slice thinly. Cut aburaage into short strips..
- Put shiitake mushrooms, carrot, abura-age, and the * ingredients and bring to a simmer over medium heat, then lower the heat, and continue to simmer until the liquid is almost gone. Let them cool..
- Put vinegared sushi rice, simmered vegetables into a (wooden sushi) bowl and mix together..
- Top with kinshi-tamago, pickled ginger, spinach, sesame to finish..