Towards the End of the Month Menu (Part Two) Spam Sushi.
You can cook Towards the End of the Month Menu (Part Two) Spam Sushi using 7 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Towards the End of the Month Menu (Part Two) Spam Sushi
- Prepare 2 1/2 cups of cooked rice.
- Prepare of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 TBS of Sesame oil.
- You need of Sesame seeds (optional).
- Prepare 4 sheets of roasted nori (Japanese brand).
- It’s 1/2 can of Spam.
- It’s 1/2 of of a chayote, pickled.
Towards the End of the Month Menu (Part Two) Spam Sushi step by step
- Put rice in a bowl. Sprinkle some salt, sesame oil, sesame seeds on the rice. Mix well. Divide into 4 parts..
- Cut Spam into 3 slices. Cook Spam on frying pan on medium heat. It’s a whole can of Spam you see in the picture..
- Put cooked Spam on paper towel for extra fat to be absorbed. Cut one slice of Spam into 3 strips. Cut pickled chayote into 8 strips..
- Lay a sushi mat on a cutting board. Put nori sheet, shiny side down, on sushi mat. Spread 1/4 of rice on nori sheet. Check picture for reference..
- Put 2 strips of Spam and 2 strips of pickled chayote in the middle..
- Fold the nori (south part) onto rice (picture #1). Pull the nori sheet towards the end of sushi mat (picture #2)..
- Fold the nori to cover Spam and chayote, and start rolling. Stop when you almost get to the end. Follow the cylinder form of the roll, gently put some pressure with fingers to pack the rice “tight”. Damp fingers with water, dab along side of the end of nori sheet, finish rolling the nori sheet..
- Wrap both hands around the mat. Gently squeeze to firm up the sushi roll. Picture shows only one hand because I am trying to take the picture with the other one. 😊.
- Cut off both ends of the sushi roll. Then cut roll into half, then into 1/3. Arrange on plate..