Kt's Chicken Fajitas.
You can have Kt's Chicken Fajitas using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kt's Chicken Fajitas
- It’s 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of fajita seasoning (I use the brand name Trade East. It is a dry seasoning mix like taco seasoning called Mesquite Herb Fajita Seasoning).
- It’s 4 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 2 lb of boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1/2" by 3" strips.
- You need 1 large of spanish onion, sliced.
- Prepare 2 large of green, red or yellow bell peppers, sliced.
- It’s 2 clove of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
- You need 1 of pepper.
- You need 8 of flour tortillas 10".
- You need 1 of lettuce, optional.
- Prepare 1 of tomato, optional.
- You need 1 of sour cream, optional.
- It’s 1 of shredded cheddar cheese, optional.
Kt's Chicken Fajitas step by step
- Combine water and fajita seasoning in a medium sized bowl to create a marinade. Put the chicken in the marinade and refrigerate overnight..
- Preheat 2 large skillets on medium high heat with 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil in each. Drain the marinated chicken and cook in one of the skillets until caramelized and no longer pink in the center. In the other skillet saute the peppers, onions and garlic until crisp tender. Season the onion mixture with salt and pepper as desired during the cooking process..
- Combine the cooked chicken, peppers and onions into one skillet and cook together for a few minutes to marry the flavors..
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Serve the chicken mixture on the warmed tortilla shells with desired optional toppings..
- Sliced mushrooms can be cooked with the peppers and onions in step 2 as a variation. Steak could also be substituted for the chicken..