Southwestern Chili Con Carne Casserole. I've been making this mild family-pleasing southwest casserole recipe for years. MORE+ LESS This Rachel Ray's Southwestern Chili Con Pasta is an off the charts cheesy, baked pasta casserole smothered is a homemade chili con queso sauce! Who doesn't love a cheese pasta casserole?
Chicken is such a great protein to cook inside of a casserole because it's juicy, lower in fat, and super high protein. You guys are going to love this Southwestern. Southwestern, Casseroles, Cheddar, Chicken Stock, Corn Tortilla, Ground Beef, Tomato, Main Course. You can cook Southwestern Chili Con Carne Casserole using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Southwestern Chili Con Carne Casserole
- Prepare 1 lb of Penne pasta.
- You need 1 1/2 lb of ground beef.
- You need 4 of to 6 cloves garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large yellow onion, chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of dried ground cumin.
- You need 1 tbsp of dried ground coriander.
- It’s 2 tbsp of dried chili powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 2 tbsp of butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 cup of milk.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded.
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh cilantro, chopped.
- You need 1 of (14 Oz) can fire roasted tomatoes.
Prepare the chili con carne: Put flour in a large sauté pan set over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until it begins to turn golden brown and smell nutty, then pour it onto a plate to cool. You have to try our Southwestern Enchilada Casserole recipe for a quick, filling, and flavorful dinner! This casserole recipe needs no tortialls or separate Variation: Most stores carry a standard chili powder, which is mild in flavor and what I have used in this recipe.
Southwestern Chili Con Carne Casserole instructions
- Preheat the broiler to HIGH and position the rack 8 inches from the heat..
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Salt the boiling water and cook the pasta al dente..
- While the water is coming to a boil, preheat a large skillet over medium-high heat and brown the hamburger. When the hamburger is almost finished, but still a little pink, throw in the garlic, jalapeno, and onions and finish cooking until the burger is browned and the onion is translucent. Drain the grease from the skillet and mix in the cumin, coriander, chili powder and pepper. Take off the heat or turn heat down low..
- In a medium sauce pot melt the butter and add the flour to it. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes over moderate heat and then whisk in the milk. When the milk comes to a bubble, stir in the cheese, cilantro and parsley with a wooden spoon. When the cheese has melted, stir in the tomatoes..
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain it and add it back into the large pot. Add the contents of the hamburger and all of the cheddar sauce, and stir to combine. Transfer to a baking dish and sprinkle with a bit more cheese if you wish, and place under the broiler to lightly brown..
If you like things on the hot-n-spicy. Low-Carb Southwest Egg Casserole uses ingredients you probably have on hand to make a cheesy breakfast casserole with Southwestern flavors! But this Low-Carb Southwest Egg Casserole is a recipe I came up with when the vegetable crisper was empty and I didn't want to go to the store. A southwestern-style vegetarian chili casserole recipe made from pre-made or canned vegetarian chili, hominy, and topped with crushed corn chips. In a large casserole dish, add half the crushed corn chips, then the chili, pinto or navy beans, homini, and green chilies.