You can have Glazed Donuts using 19 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Glazed Donuts
- It’s of FOR DONUTS.
- Prepare 2 1/4 teaspoons of active dry yeast, (one packet).
- You need 1/2 cup of warm water, 100 to 110 degrees.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of granulated sugar, divided use.
- It’s 1/4 cup of evaporated milk, at 100 to 110 degrees.
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1/4 cup of unsalted butter, at room temperature.
- You need 1 of large egg, at room temperature.
- Prepare 1 of large egg yolk, at room temperature.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- It’s 4 cups of canola oil for frying.
- Prepare of FOR GLAZE.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of heavy cream.
- It’s 1/8 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 4 tablespoon of unsalted butter, melted.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- You need 2 2/3 cup of confectioner's sugar.
- You need 2-4 tablespoons of hot water.
Glazed Donuts step by step
- In a large bowl whisk together yeast, warm water and 2 tablespoons of the sugar, let rest 10 minutes.
- Add evaporated milk, remainig sugar, salt, butter, egg, egg yolk and vanilla, stir to blend, it will look lumpy.
- Add half of the flour and mix until smooth.
- Add remaining flour and mix, again just until smooth.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in a warm spot until doubled about 1 hour.
- Scrape dough out onto a floured work surface.
- Roll 1/2 inch thick with floured roller.
- Cut into three inch circles and cut a whole in the middle of each circle.
- Cover donut circles and holes with a towel and let rise again until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oil in a dutch oven or deep skillet 1/2 full to 360.
- Fry 2 to 4 donuts at a time. They cook quick, about 15 seconds on each side, flip with a slotted spoon. fry donut holes aa well..
- Drain on paper towels.
- MAKE GLAZE:.
- In a large bowl beat butter, confectioner's sugar, cream, vanilla, salt and 2 tablespoons hot water until smooth, add more hot water as needed to make a glaze consistancy.
- Dip donut tops in glaze to coat, dry on racks. Dip donut holes as well.
- Donuts are best warm, they can be reheated one at a time in microwave for 5 to seconds.