You can cook Nut-Free Macarons using 7 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Nut-Free Macarons
- You need 2 of eggs.
- You need 25 grams of finely grated white chocolate.
- It’s 2 tsp of vanilla.
- It’s 70 grams of all purpose flour.
- It’s 80 grams of icing sugar.
- You need 60 grams of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 1 of egg yolks.
Nut-Free Macarons instructions
- Start by separating your eggs. You can discard the egg yolks or use them for something else – perhaps a yummy, creamy carbonara?.
- Beat them until they start to foam heavily, then add 1/4 of the sugar whilst continuing to beat. When combined, add another 1/4 and continue doing so until you have combined all the sugar. When you’ve combined that sugar, add your food coloring. Beat the egg whites and sugar until very stiff peaks form. Then you’re done!.
- Sift the flour and icing sugar. Add your finely grated chocolate and mix well. Add your vanilla (I use a vanilla sugar, which is a mix of vanilla bean and icing sugar), and once again mix it through..
- Mix half the egg white mixture with your flour mixture. It’s gonna look incredibly lumpy but it’s supposed to look that way, so don’t worry!.
- Once you’ve combined that as well as you can, add the rest of the egg whites and mix until you have a smooth mixture. It might look a little gritty because of the chocolate but that is totally fine..
- Place your mixture in a piping bag and cut a hole at the bottom or use a round piping nozzle..
- Pipe macarons on a baking tray lined with baking paper..
- Bang the tray carefully on a counter to get rid of any airbubbles in your macarons..
- Let your macarons air dry for about 45-50 minutes. When you gently put your finger on them the mixture should not leave a trace on your finger!.
- Bake for about 20 minutes at 280°F fahrenheit or 140°F celsius..
- Let cool completely before carefully peeling off the paper..
- The buttercream frosting is made by mixing softened butter, vanilla, icing sugar, a dash of milk, and some cocoa powder until you have reached a consistency you're happy with. Add a bit of salt to taste..