Angel Flake Biscuits.
You can have Angel Flake Biscuits using 9 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Angel Flake Biscuits
- It’s 1 envelope of dry yeast.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of luke warm water.
- It’s 5 cup of flour.
- You need 2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Crisco shortening.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of buttermilk.
Angel Flake Biscuits instructions
- Pre-heat oven to 450°F..
- Dissolve yeast in the warm water and set aside for later use..
- Mix all DRY ingredients by hand in a bowl.
- Cut in shortening to the dry mixture with a pastry cutter if you have one. If not, you can cut in using a butter knife in each hand cutting in different directions..
- Add the buttermilk to the yeast mixture..
- Add yeast and buttermilk to other ingredients in the bowl..
- Mix well by hand..
- Pour out biscuit dough onto a well floured surface and pat out by hand leaving a dough that is approximately 1 inch thick..
- Cut approximately 12 biscuits with a biscuit cutter or the edge of an upside down drinking glass..
- Keep cutter or glass edge floured so dough doesnt stick to cutter..
- Crowd biscuits into a "just the right size" well oiled baking pan. (I prefer a glass baking pan.).
- Bake until biscuit tops are golden brown. Approximate baking time is 20 minutes..
- You may keep dough stored in refrigerator for a later baking time. The cool refrigerator temperature keeps the dough from rising until you are ready to make biscuits. The dough will keep nicely in refrigerator for up to 1 week..
- Optional: When biscuits come out of oven, cover with fresh made sausage gravy! https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/339825-sausage-gravy-for-biscuits-n-gravy.