Chicken Tikka Masala.
You can cook Chicken Tikka Masala using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Tikka Masala
- It’s 2 tbls of butter or ghee.
- It’s 1 of onion, finally chopped.
- You need 1/2 of red bell pepper, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of yellow bell pepper, chopped.
- You need 4 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 tbls of ground cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground ginger.
- You need 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of tumeric.
- Prepare 1 can (14 oz) of tomato sauce.
- It’s 1 cup of heavy whipping cream.
- It’s 2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tbls of white sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbls of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 of skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite size pieces.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of curry powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt, or to taste (optional).
- You need 1 tsp of white sugar, or to taste (optional).
- You need of Chopped cilantro (optional).
Chicken Tikka Masala instructions
- Heat butter or ghee in a large skillet over medium heat and cook onion, peppers until onions are translucent, about 5 minutes..
- Heat vegetable oil in a separate skillet over medium heat. Stir chicken into hot oil, sprinkle with curry powder and sear chicken until lightly browned but still pink inside, about 3 minutes, stir often..
- Stir in garlic, and stir until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in cumin, 1 tsp salt, ginger, cayenne, cinnamon and tumeric, fry until fragrant, about 2 minutes..
- Stir in tomato sauce, bring to a boil, and reduce heat to low. Simmer sauce for 10 minutes, then mix in cream, paprika and 1 tbls sugar. Bring sauce back to a simmer and cook, stirring often, until sauce has thickened, 10-15 minutes..
- Transfer chicken and any pan juices Into the sauce. Simmer chicken in sauce until no longer pink. About 30 minutes. Adjust salt and sugar to taste..
- Serve over basmati or jasmine rice. Top with chopped cilantro..
- Note: sugar is optional in this recipe. The bell peppers (to me) add enough sweetness. You can also adjust the cayenne level to your liking. The heavy cream really tames down the heat..