The Ultimate Chilli Con Carne. We're revisiting the classic chili con carne and this time we add some lovely little extras to our foolproof base including ale, orange and a guacamole. There is no wrong way to cook chilli con carne, because there is no single authentic recipe for it that exists in either Mexico or Texas. This means we're free to cook up beef, chilli, beans and spice any which way we like.
It has loads of flavour even though it uses mostly store cupboard ingredients. You can experiment with how hot it is by leaving the seeds in the fresh chillies or adding a pinch of dried chilli flakes. This Chilli Con Carne is a Classic. You can cook The Ultimate Chilli Con Carne using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of The Ultimate Chilli Con Carne
- You need 1 kg of Beef Mince.
- Prepare 1 of Large Onion (Diced).
- Prepare 1 of Red Bell Pepper (Diced).
- You need 1 of Butch T Scorpion Chilli (Diced).
- It’s of Pickled Jalapeño Chillies.
- You need 2 of Garlic Cloves (Finely Grated).
- It’s 1 (400 ml) of Tin of Black Beans.
- You need 1 (700 ml) of Jar of Pasata.
- You need 1 Tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 Tsp of Black Peppecorns.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Cumin.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Coriander Seeds.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Paprika.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Oregano.
- Prepare 3 Cups of White Rice (Cooked).
- Prepare 6 Tbsp of Sour Cream.
- It’s 5 Cups of Guacamole.
This belly warming dish of meaty, spicy joy is a regular on our dinner table. Chilli con Carne has to be one of my favourite dishes as its sooo tasty, cheap, healthy and easy to make! It literally ticks every box when it comes to food. It's a quick, easy one pot meal that's delicious to eat and really versatile in so many recipes such as pies or lasagne.
The Ultimate Chilli Con Carne instructions
- Cook mince, garlic & onions together until mince is brown & onions sautéed..
- Add red pepper & chilli & cook for a few minutes until softened..
- Add black beans & cook for 4 minutes until warmed through..
- Blend all spices in a spice grinder, add to meat & cook in for 1 minute..
- Add pasata & simmer for 20 minutes..
- Serve on a bed of rice, add a layer of cheese, then a layer of guacamole, a generous dollop of sour cream & some pickled Jalapeños..
In this recipe, I've used lean grass-fed beef that I minced myself in the Vitamix. I often fold through some of my homemade XO chilli. This comforting and filling recipe for Classic Chili Con Carne is a great family meal or served to friends for a casual dinner party. Come home to a warming bowl of this Chili. This delicious recipe is great served with rice or on its own Great Chilli recipe!