Kittie's baklava. This heavenly Baklava combines honey-soaked layers of flaky phyllo pastry with spiced walnuts. It's a great make-ahead dessert, and easy to make too! This honey baklava is flaky, crisp and tender and I love that it isn't overly sweet.
Greek and Turkish cuisine both built upon the cookery of the Byzantine Empire, which was a continuation of the cooking of the Roman Empire. Not only pretty to look at, but so wonderful to consume!" Baklava is a delicious phyllo pastry popular in Middle Eastern countries. Its supposed origins are Turkish, dating to the Byzantine Empire (or even further), though many cultures claim it for their own. You can cook Kittie's baklava using 7 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Kittie's baklava
- You need 2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of pecans.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of almonds.
- Prepare 3 cup of melted butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 box of filo dough.
- It’s 1 cup of honey.
- It’s 3 tbsp of cinnimon.
Baklava is one of those desserts that has a reputation for difficulty, but is actually surprisingly easy to make. I suspect this is because working with phyllo dough always seems tricky, but if you follow a few. Baklava is a sweet dessert made of layers of phyllo filled with chopped walnuts and pistachios, soaked with honey syrup. Baklava is made with a variety of nuts across the Mediterranean and Middle East, the most common being walnuts, pistachios and almonds.
Kittie's baklava instructions
- preheat oven to 375.
- butter bottom of 9 inch rectangle baking pan.
- take pecans and almonds and chop them in a food processor,blender or with a knife. you can also put them in a ziplock bag and smoosh them with a frying pan. make sure there are as few big prices as possible..
- mix brown sugar and cinnamon into pecan and almond mix..
- layer 4 sheets of filo dough into buttered pan drizzling a table spoon of butter after each layer..
- start pouring filling into the pan. proceed to layer like you would a lasagna. adding a layer of filo dough then butter that layer then filling again and so on. drizzle honey in z pattern across entire layer of each layer..
- once all the filling is placed zig zag drizzle honey on top and sprinkle any remaining brown sugar mix left on top..
- place in oven for 25-50 mins or until top is golden brown..
- once its done let it air for 30 min to let the it get crunchy..
- cut into squares and enjoy..
The remarkable baklava is a luscious dessert created with layers of thin phyllo dough intertwined with chopped nuts, all doused in a sweet, viscous. Baklava is a layered pastry with nuts and honey syrup popular in Greece, Turkey and throughout the Baklava is a dessert as old as time, to use the phrase loosely. Originating from Turkey probably in the. Baklava, or baklawa, is a delicious pastry that is known worldwide with variations depending on where in the Middle East you are. Baklava – How to Make Baklawa.