Baklava with Lemon Syrup.
You can cook Baklava with Lemon Syrup using 9 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Baklava with Lemon Syrup
- It’s 1 cup of Almonds crushed.
- Prepare 1 cup of Walnuts crushed.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Cinnamon powder.
- Prepare 250 gram of Butter melted.
- You need 700 grams of Baklava dough sheets.
- You need of Syrup.
- Prepare 2/5 cups of Sugar.
- It’s 2 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 of Lemon Peel.
Baklava with Lemon Syrup instructions
- Start off by making the syrup, so that this has cooled off by the time the pastry is done. In a sauce pan add the Sugar, Water, Lemon Peel let this boil at medium heat. You will know when the syrup is ready by doing this test, take a knife and just pour two drops of the syrup to the tip of the knife tip it over, if the syrup rolls off slowly then its ready. :).
- While the syrup is boiling, melt the butter and set aside. Separate the dough sheets into two halves, then take a baking pan and brush the pan with the butter and start adding in a dough sheet, one at a time…and brush each sheet with butter. Add and brush very simple to do. When you have finished the first half of the dough sheets, add in the mixture. Take all the excess dough sheets and cover the mixture, butter the sheets and continue adding the rest of the dough sheets and butter..
- If you have left over butter spread it over the top of the Baklava and brush thoroughly. With a sharp knife start cutting into the pie and cut small pieces diagonally, but keep in mind not to cut all the way down, cut just so that you have made small pieces. Bake until golden brown at 180 degrees. Once your Baklava has been baked, pour on the cold syrup and let it sit until the syrup has been absorbed. 🙂 Kali Orexi!.