Classic Fluffy Doughnut Donut.
You can cook Classic Fluffy Doughnut Donut using 15 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Classic Fluffy Doughnut Donut
- Prepare of Step 1.
- It’s 1 cup of Warm Fresh Milk.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Yeast.
- You need 2 tbsp of Flour or 1 TBSP sugar (If u like them sweeter). The kids like it with sugar so I use sugar rather than flour now.
- It’s of Step 2.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Shortening.
- You need 1/2 cup of Unsalted buttter / Margerine.
- Prepare of Step 3.
- You need 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Warm Water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Vanilla Essence (Optional).
- You need 2 of large eggs.
- You need of Step 4.
- Prepare 6 cup of Flour.
Classic Fluffy Doughnut Donut step by step
- Warm up milk (not to boil) – then pour into a big bowl. Add in yeast and then whisk. Follows by the next 2 TBSP flour / sugar. Whisk all together to mix well then let it sit to raise and bubbles for 10-15 minutes.
- Once yeast bubbled up, warm up to melt both margerine and shortening. Add into the bowl of activated yeast.
- Add in the sugar, eggs, water and vanilla (vanilla is optional). Whisk to mix well.
- Mix salt and flour in the separate bowl then only add in cup by cup into the yeast bowl – salt kills yeast, so no direct contact btween them. I've to add this, one time I did the dough and it did not raise even after 8 hours so only I realised that I added the salt direct to the yeast earlier..mhhh.
- Mix well until it become a solid soft dough where it doesnt stick anywhere else. Depend on the size of the egg, if needed add 1-2 tbsp flour to stabilize the dough.
- Put aside, cover with a kitchen towel or kitchen plastict wrap & let it rest for minimum 45 minutes and not more than 60 minutes to raise double.
- Sift some flour on your kneading spot and soak your hand with some flour before taking out the dough.
- Take out the dough and roll to about 1 inch tick and cut with doughnut cutter or alt you can use any jar lid to cut them into round shape and any smaller round plastict bottle to cut the centre hole.
- Let it sit again for at least 15 minutes / max 20 minutes to raised double again or when you lift them, they are more fluffy and lighter.
- Preheat cooking oil in a generous size pan. Basically heat at 160' – 180' and adjust to lower heat later when frying your raw donut so it cooked evenly out and inside until they become golden brownish.
- When they've become golden brownish, remove from the oiled pan into a strainer.
- Let it dry down some oil and then dip or sprinkle a fine sugar and its ready to be served.
- Some like it with chocolate on top.