Soto ayam (chicken and bean sprouts soup). Soto ayam, an Indonesian version of chicken soup, is a clear herbal broth brightened by fresh turmeric and herbs, with skinny rice noodles buried in the bowl Add cooked spice paste and chicken meat to stock. Cook noodles according to package directions. Soto Ayam is a chicken soup popular in Malaysia and Indonesia.
To serve, cook the rice noodles, bean sprouts and then add the soup and chicken to a serving bowl. Add the toppings of hard-boiled egg, chopped. This soup/stew is full of flavours and textures. You can cook Soto ayam (chicken and bean sprouts soup) using 22 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Soto ayam (chicken and bean sprouts soup)
- Prepare 1/2 half of big whole chicken breast.
- It’s 2 of litter water.
- You need 3 tablespoons of oil.
- You need 2 stalk of lemon grass, bruised.
- Prepare 3 of kaffir lime leaves.
- Prepare 50 g of glass noodles,cut, soaked in hot water until tender, drained.
- Prepare 100 gram of short bean sprouts, balanced, drained.
- You need 3 of spring onions, chopped.
- You need 2 of spring Chinese parsley, sliced.
- You need 1-2 tablespoon of fried shallots (u can buy in Asian grocery).
- Prepare 75 gram of potatoes chips.
- Prepare 4 of hard boiled eggs, quartered.
- Prepare of Sweet soy sauce and lime juice and sambal.
- Prepare of Oil for deep frying.
- Prepare of Spices (ground).
- You need 1 teaspoon of chopped ginger.
- Prepare 2 teaspoon of chopped turmeric.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of peppercorns.
- Prepare 5 of candlenuts roasted.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 3 of shallots.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of salt.
The recipe is adapted from Wendy Hutton's beautiful book 'Green Mangoes and Lemon Grass'. To serve, divide the noodles between four large bowls and pour the chicken stock over. Divide the sliced potatoes, egg quarters, bean sprouts, chopped. Soto Ayam, an Indonesian chicken noodle soup.
Soto ayam (chicken and bean sprouts soup) instructions
- Heat 3 tablespoon oil and saute the ground spices, lemon grass and kaffir lime leaves until fragrant, then add the stock..
- Continue to simmer over low heat about 15 minutes, add the chicken in the stock until tender..
- Remove chicken, add little bit of water into the stock then taste. Set asides. Deef fry the chicken until crispy, then shred finely..
- To serve: Arange glass noodles, been sprouts, chicken, spring onions, Chinese parsley and fried shallots in a bowl, and poring boiling stock over. Garnish with potato chips and boiled egg. Serve with sambal, sweet soy sauce and lime juice..
- Note: you also can use shrimp crackers blended and put on the top of soup as Garnishing..
This is an easy, healthy, homemade soup that can be made from scratch. Prepared with a simple aromatic chicken broth that's infused with Asian spices, this soup is flavourful on its own. But, when generously ladled over noodles, topped with chunky, juicy. Transfer the chicken soup to a serving dish and place in the centre of the table. Place all remaining ingredients in separate bowls on the table.