Ground chicken sotanghon soup. Chicken Sotanghon Soup is a Filipino version of chicken noodle soup. I like to have Chicken Sotanghon Soup anytime of the day regardless of the season. It always makes me feel comfortable.
Sotanghon noodles are a staple in my house. I just love how they can easily be thrown together into a quick, delicious and budget-friendly meal. This video will show you how to cook a Filipino chicken noodles soup known as Chicken Sotanghon. You can cook Ground chicken sotanghon soup using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Ground chicken sotanghon soup
- You need 3 teaspoon of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 3 pieces of scallion.
- You need 2 servings of sotanghon or cellophane noodles.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of pepper.
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of oyster sauce.
- You need 2 tablespoon of soy sauce.
- It’s 1/2 kg of ground chicken.
- You need 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper.
- You need 3 cups of water.
Chicken and shiitake mushrooms simmer in chicken broth with bean thread noodles in this Filipino noodle soup. "Use sotanghon (bean thread noodles) or bihon (thin rice noodles) in this Filipino dish. Both are equally delicious." Try this Chicken Sotanghon Soup. A tasty and immune-boosting Filipino chicken soup with slippy cellophane noodles. Have I told you how much I love soups?
Ground chicken sotanghon soup step by step
- Saute garlic and scallion in vegetable oil..
- Add the ground chicken, cook until it turns to brown color..
- Put in oyster sauce.
- Then soy sauce and pepper.
- Add 3 cups of water.
- And lastly put the sotanghon noodles in and let cook for 3 minutes. Serve. Good for 2-3 persons.
In the same oil, add onions, garlic and cook until limp. Chicken sotanghon soup is a Filipino style chicken bean thread noodle soup. Similar to regular chicken noodle soup, this uses a different type of noodle. This chicken sotanghon soup (along with chicken arroz caldo) was a staple in my childhood home during rainy days. There is something so comforting about this soup.