Steak Fajitas with Queso Cheese Sauce.
You can have Steak Fajitas with Queso Cheese Sauce using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Steak Fajitas with Queso Cheese Sauce
- Prepare 2 pounds of steak of your choice cut into thin strips.
- It’s 1 of large onion sliced into half moon shapes.
- It’s 1 of bell pepper cut into strips. Can use red and yellow peppers.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter or vegetable oil.
- Prepare of Fajita Seasoning (Recipe on next page).
- It’s 2 tablespoons of oil for fajita marinade.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water for marinade.
- It’s 1 package of flour tortillas.
- You need of Queso cheese to taste. Can use shredded cheese also.
- You need to taste of Salt and pepper.
Steak Fajitas with Queso Cheese Sauce step by step
- In large zip lock bag or deep dish, mix fajita mix with 2 tbsp. oil, 1/2 cup water until well combined. Add steak strips and mix around until all meat is covered well. I like using zip lock bags so it lays flat and marinade spreads easily over all the strips. Marinate for 30 minutes..
- In skillet, melt butter or oil over medium heat. Add strips of peppers and onions. I add a sprinkle of fajita seasoning to this just for taste. Cook until slightly tender. I like mine with a little firmness. Remove from skillet to bowl or plate..
- Cook the strips of steaks in butter or oil on medium high heat until cooked to your liking. These are medium. I like to crank the up at first to get a nice sear on the strips..
- When steak is cooked to your liking, add the onion and pepper mixture to steak and season with more fajita seasoning or salt and pepper. Really any seasoning you like. Turn off heat..
- Wrap your tortilla shells in aluminum foil and warm in oven for a few minutes to soften up. Can wrap in paper towel and microwave just for a few seconds to soften..
- Take warm tortilla and spread with cheese sauce. Add rice and steak/onion pepper mixture. Eat like a taco or roll like a burrito. Can also serve rice on the side..