Easy Chilli Con Carne.
You can have Easy Chilli Con Carne using 16 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Chilli Con Carne
- It’s 500 grams of Extra lean beef mince.
- You need 1 large of onion.
- Prepare 1 of Red pepper.
- Prepare 1 can of Chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can of Baked beans in tomato sauce.
- You need 1 can of Butter beans in tomato sauce.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Fresh marjoram chopped finely.
- You need 1 tsp of (Heaped)chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin.
- It’s 1 tsp of Paprika.
- You need 1 stick of Beef stock.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of Crushed fresh garlic.
- Prepare of A dash of cooking oil..
- It’s 1 of Salt.
- Prepare 1 of Black pepper.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Tomato purée/paste.
Easy Chilli Con Carne step by step
- Peel and chop onion. Cut pepper in half. Dispose of the pips and chop the pepper into medium sized pieces. Chop your marjoram if you have fresh, if not a teaspoon of dried will do. Heat the oil in large heavy bottomed pan and add onion. Fry, stirring often until glassy – minute or two. Add the garlic, red pepper, paprika, chilli and cumin. Cook for a few minutes. Watch to see it doesn't dry out. If necessary add a spot of hot water from kettle. In a cup dissolve the stock in 200 ml boiling water. Add the meat to the pan. It should sizzle as it goes in. This will seal in the flavour instead of letting it stew. Stir well with spatula to crumble up the mince and to ensure its browned evenly. Now add in the stock, can tomatoes and marjoram as well as tomato purée. Turn heat down and simmer for 20 minutes with lid on. Check frequently to make sure it's not cooking dry. Add both cans of beans and simmer for further 10 minutes with the lid off. If needed add a spot of water. Should be a rich.
- If you can't find butter beans in tomato sauce use the ones in brine. Just be sure to drain then.