Pecan and almond baklava. Baklava is so light, fluffy, and full of my favorite flavors. I have to give it away every time I make it because I can't get enough. I could eat the whole pan in one sitting.
This is a lovely little stop between Alpena and Gaylord, would highly recommend. We sampled the baklava as well as lemon bars and coconut almond poppyseed bars, equally delicious. Spread out the baklava dough, start dipping. You can have Pecan and almond baklava using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pecan and almond baklava
- You need 1 box of phyllo pastry.
- You need of Melted butter and ghee for brushing.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need 1 cup of almonds.
- It’s 2 cups of pecans.
- It’s stick of Long dowel.
- You need of For the syrup.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- It’s 3/4 cup of sugar.
- You need 1/2 cup of golden syrup.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
Baklava, for example, is claimed by both countries. Greek and Turkish cuisine both built upon the cookery of the Byzantine Empire, which was a continuation of the cooking of the Roman Empire. Roman cuisine had borrowed a great deal from the ancient Greeks, but placenta (and hence baklava). It keeps for weeks in room-temperature in a sealed container.
Pecan and almond baklava step by step
- Step 1: Add sugar and water to a saucepan and boil till sugar has dissolved and a little sticky.. Once sticky and clear, add in golden syrup and lemon juice.. Allow to cool…
- Step 2: Put nuts in food processor and grind till finely chopped(do not make smooth). Add in cinnamon powder and mix well… (make sure nuts r ground fine or it will make holes in the phyllo..
- Step 3: Take phyllo sheet and cut in half… Place 1 piece on worktop lengthwise with the long side in front of you. Brush with melted butter and ghee mix.. Place another sheet on top and brush again with butter.. Sprinkle nut and cinnamon mixture.. About 3 tsp(dont put too much). Take dowel and roll up (but not too tight)-see pic. Once it’s all rolled up, place each hand on both ends of the rolled phyllo, carefully push both ends towards the center to scrunch it up. (cleobuttera pictures).
- Step4: Remove skewer and place in a greased tray/casserole.. Repeat till casserole is full.. Cut into 4 pieces. If you have extra butter mixture, pour it over the rolls.. Bake on 160 for +-70mins or till golden brown.(cleobuttera pictures).
- Step 5: Remove from oven and pour cooled syrup on immediately whilst hot… Decorate with crushed almond mix/rose petals, etc.
- Variations: Pista makes amazing decoration(and changes up the taste a little) Add a few drops of rose essence in ur syrup and decorate with edible rose petals..
Cut the diamonds out and store. Baklava is sweet, rich pastry, made with layers of phyllo dough, filled with nuts and sweetened with sugar syrup or I've read in books that acceptable fillings for baklava are: almonds, pistachios or walnuts, but I usually use walnuts or pecans. Buy baklava from America's favorite online store. Libanais (pronounced Lee-Ba-Nay) is a leading manufacturer and retailer of Baklava and vegan desserts. The story of baklava began long long ago, as a matter of fact one version of the story claims that Baklava origins to the mighty Assyrians, who.