Spicy Pulled Pork Sandwiches for Impatient People. Make Pulled Pork: Mix together kosher salt, paprika, garlic powder, brown sugar and ground mustard in small bowl. Rub spice blend all over pork. To serve, spoon pulled pork mixture onto bottom halves of hamburger buns.
I threw some always-available condiments into my slow cooker with a pork roast to create this fantastic pulled pork. It has become a staple sandwich filler for large get-togethers. The flavor of the pork goes well with a cold glass of. You can cook Spicy Pulled Pork Sandwiches for Impatient People using 19 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Spicy Pulled Pork Sandwiches for Impatient People
- It’s of Spice Rub.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of paprika.
- It’s 2 tsp of brown sugar.
- You need 1/2 tsp of celery salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of dry mustard.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cracked pepper.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s of Frying Stuff.
- Prepare 1 of pork tenderloin or chop per person.
- You need 1 of olive oil.
- It’s 18 oz of BBQ sauce (I used Sweet Baby Ray's – Sweet & Spicy BBQ).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 of water.
- Prepare 1 of sandwich or burger buns.
- Prepare of Extra toppings.
- Prepare 1 of sweet pickles, diced.
- It’s 1 of red onion, diced.
Pork shoulder is rubbed with a dry spice mix, cooked until tender, then tossed in BBQ sauce. Add some homemade cole slaw and a bun, and you I try to eat seasonally when I can, but sometimes I can't help but crave a summery pulled pork sandwich with crisp cole slaw in the middle of "winter". A spicy blend of hot sauce, chili powder, paprika, adobo seasoning, and cayenne pepper gives this slow cooker pulled pork This is probably the best pulled pork I've had and I have made a few! Pulled pork sandwiches can hardly be called sandwiches!
Spicy Pulled Pork Sandwiches for Impatient People instructions
- Mix all spice rub ingredients. (Crack whole black peppercorns in a bag with a meat hammer. Show them who's boss)..
- Pat pork dry and coat with the spice rub..
- Heat a frying pan till hot with olive oil (low 5-10min, med 3-4 min, then med-high), then sear the pork on all sides until seriously browned(/burned), about 3-4 minutes each side..
- Reduce heat (med-low) and cover, cook until done (about 10-15 minutes) test doneness by touch. Keep checking. (Can be done a day in advance, cool and chill, wrapped in fridge). It's cool to burn the crap out of the bottom here, it adds to the flavor in the end..
- Score outside of pork with lengthwise knife cuts (helps pull the moisture IN)..
- In heavy pot, combine pork with enough water to just cover it. Add cider vinegar and 1/3 cup BBQ sauce..
- Bring to boil and then simmer over medium heat covered, 1 hour or more..
- Remove pork and shred with forks..
- Dump out pot, add remaining bottle of BBQ sauce in pan over medium high, stir in shredded pork and heat thoroughly, allowing sauce to soak into pork..
- Steam buns in pot with steamer rack over high, about 2 minutes. (I ignored, was too hungry)..
- Top bottom half of bun with pork, pickles and onions. Finish with top half of bun..
The sauce soaks into the buns and if you tried to pick one up with your hands it would completely We just pile the pulled pork on a hamburger bun and eat it with a fork. Warm and spicy, pulled pork is the perfect dish for cooler weather (though. Barbequed Pulled Pork Sandwich and Baked BeansMadeleine Cocina. Pulled Pork Sandwich and Cabbage Salad in Apple Cider VinegarMurmures. Pulled pork is a Southern barbecue tradition with a long history — and a savory, mouthwatering flavor that has made it popular nationwide.