Steak fajitas. Classic Tex Mex fajitas recipe, made with strips of skirt steak, onions and bell peppers, and served sizzling hot with fresh tortillas, guacamole, sour cream, and salsa. Steak Fajitas Recipe – Steak fajitas make a quick and easy meal perfect for weeknight suppers or weekend celebrations! Made with beef, peppers, onions and served with a stack of warm tortillas and.
For a seriously satisfying dinner at home, look no further than this foolproof steak fajita recipe. Skirt steak is the traditional cut used for fajitas. It used to be inexpensive, but now it's not so cheap; oftentimes flank steak costs less. You can cook Steak fajitas using 16 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Steak fajitas
- It’s 2 of pound flank steak, or similar cut.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of olive oil, extra virgin.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of worcestershire sauce.
- It’s 1 of juice from 1 lime.
- You need 1 tbsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Mexican oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of chopped cilantro.
- It’s 2 of onions, sliced.
- You need 3 of bell peppers, a trio of colours preferred.
- Prepare 8 of warm flour tortillas.
- It’s 1 of shredded cheese, (I use crumbled queso fresco or Chihuahua cheese. use whatever floats your boat (: ).
Either will be a good choice. Beef fajitas are delicious served with a lot of condiments on the side. My favorites are guacamole, extra cilantro, and beans and rice! Sheet-Pan Steak Fajitas. featured in Low-Stress Dinners.
Steak fajitas instructions
- You can do this two ways – thinly slice your flank steak or leave whole. I like to slice it- it marinates better and it cooks faster..
- Mix the marinade ingredients- the olive oil through the cilantro..
- Pour half the marinade over veggies and half over the meat..
- Let marinade for one hour ( you may marinade longer if you choose but an hour will do the trick).
- Now get a grill screaming hot. Using a grill pan or grill wok, place on grill for a few minutes to get that hot. Add the veggies and quickly stir fry for about 2 minutes. Then throw that meat on top and continue stirring and shaking that pan. Cook about another five minutes or meat is desired doneness. Trust me.. you'll want it pink to red though..
- If cooking a whole flank steak, cook veggies as directed and cook the steak whole on grill grates for about 2-3 minutes on both sides. Flank steak is thin so don't overcook! ( I'm so terrified of overcooking beef!) Remember! Grill needs to be hot!.
- Serve on warm tortillas, add chopped avocado, sour cream, hot sauce, the cheese, etc., etc. Delicious!.
These Fajitas could not be easier to make. Just slice up the steak, peppers. Grilled Steak Fajitas – get out the grill and make grilled steak fajitas with sizzling peppers and onions! We have been using our grill almost every day this summer. The classic sizzling fajita platter found in Mexican restaurants across the globe is a cinch to replicate in your own kitchen.