My Original Strawberry Macarons.
You can cook My Original Strawberry Macarons using 7 ingredients and 18 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of My Original Strawberry Macarons
- You need 40 grams of Large egg white.
- Prepare 30 grams of Granulated sugar.
- You need 40 grams of Almond Powder.
- It’s 60 grams of Powdered sugar.
- You need 1 grams of Freeze dried strawberries.
- It’s 1 dash of Red food colouring.
- It’s 1 dash of Water.
My Original Strawberry Macarons instructions
- Powder the freeze dried strawberries (If you use some as topping, use more) Dissolve the food colouring in a bit of water..
- You should get about 40 – 41 g of egg white out of one large egg. Mix 1 g strawberry powder from Step 1 with the almond powder and powdered sugar. Sift the mixture with a sieve..
- Beat the egg white into the sugar little by little (it takes about 6-7 minutes to become like an Italian meringue). Add a small amount of food colourin..
- Sift the dry ingredients through a sieve again and gently mix with the meringue from Step 3..
- With a spatula, gently dig the batter up from the bottom and fold it on top of the rest of the batter in the centre of the bowl and pat it down gently (this is called macaronage)..
- You know it's done when you can use the spatula to scoop some batter and it falls back into the bowl in fat ribbons. Be careful not to mix it too much. It should be like thoroughly pressing it into a firm consistency..
- Put the batter into a piping bag and pipe out 3 cm circles onto a baking sheet while leaving adequate space in between. My batter doesn't really seep out at this point..
- This batter dries out quickly, so just leave the macarons as they are for 20-30 minutes until the exterior surface dries. Preheat the oven to 390°F/200°C..
- First, bake the macarons for about 3 minutes at 390°F/200°C until they look like the picture. They should grow a small "foot" at the base. Open the door of the oven for a moment to decrease the temperature..
- Turn down the oven temperature to 285°F/140°C and bake the macarons for another 10-15 minutes. If they seem like they're going to burn, open the oven door a bit to decrease the temperature. You can also cover with aluminum foil..
- Paint the surface of the macarons with egg white (not listed), and use a tea strainer to dust with strawberry powder, if you like Any finely crushed ingredient is OK..
- I usedas a reference to make the buttercream. Or, you can use whatever cream you like. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/153868-delicious-buttercream.
- Put the buttercream in a piping bag, and fill the macarons. Assemble the macarons like sandwiches and decorate with powdered strawberries if you like..
- This time, I used freeze dried strawberries..
- This is the powdered sugar used. It has corn starch in it, but I've never had it fail, so it's alright to use..
- While folding the batter in Step 5, I have failed countless times. Be sure to pat it down very gently..
- In regards to the drying time in Step 8, the time you will need will depend on the day, but the longer you wait, the prettier they look. If you touch them and the batter doesn't stick to your fingers, they're ready to be baked..
- Because the baking time varies by oven, after you've turned the temperature down to 285°F/140°C, open the oven door frequently to make sure that they don't burn..