Grilled Sawsey Dawgs.
You can cook Grilled Sawsey Dawgs using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grilled Sawsey Dawgs
- It’s of Ingredients.
- Prepare 1 (12 ounce) of lager beer.
- Prepare 1 cup of chili sauce (I use heinz).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of malt vinegar.
- You need 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of curry powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of hot sauce.
- You need 8 of hot dogs (I use Hebrew National or Nathan's).
- It’s 2 of medium white onions, sliced.
- You need of Olive oil, extra virgin.
- You need pinch of kosher salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
Grilled Sawsey Dawgs instructions
- Brush the hotdogs with olive oil and set aside..
- Preheat a grill pan over medium heat..
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, stir together the lager, chili sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, curry powder and hot sauce. Cook until reduced by half, 3 to 5 minutes..
- While the sauce is reducing, grill the hotdogs on the grill until browned well and cooked through, turning every so often, about 12 minutes. Set aside..
- Brush the onions with olive oil, season with salt and pepper and grill until slightly charred, about 10 minutes..
- Put the grilled hotdogs in the sauce pan with the sauce, then add the onions. Cook together for 10 minutes..
- Serve the sausages on crusty rolls topped with the onions and lots of sauce..