Yummy Scratch Beans Vegetarian and Vegan.
You can have Yummy Scratch Beans Vegetarian and Vegan using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Yummy Scratch Beans Vegetarian and Vegan
- Prepare 1 lb of dry beans (I used 1/2 pinto & 1/2 white northern).
- It’s to taste of clove.
- You need to taste of garlic, smashed, chopped.
- It’s 1 of Med onion, fine chop.
- Prepare 2 tsp of olive oil or your favorite good oil.
- You need 3 + 1/4 of cups water.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- You need 2 tsp of good quality fresh chilli powder. More if u want.
- Prepare 1 of Med green bell pepper, diced.
Yummy Scratch Beans Vegetarian and Vegan step by step
- Soak dried beans overnight. Drain and rinse..
- Heat oil in large pot, low-med heat. Quickly sautee garlic and onion, add water, beans, spices, green bell pepper and tomato paste plus salt to taste. Bring to boil, then reduce heat. Cook 60 minutes on low/simmer. Test your beans. Mine were perfect at 1 hr cook time..