Mango sticky rice sushi. Sticky rice and sushi rice are two different things. Sticky rice comes from Thailand and is commonly used in dessert dishes. Sushi rice is used to make sushi rolls.
Thai coconut sticky rice and mango, when done horribly, will be appalling even if it's served in a Lladró bowl. To succeed at sweet coconut sticky rice with mango, you need to start with the right ingredients: Yes, mango sticky rice is very popular in Laos from small villages to big cities. The Laotians are big sticky rice eaters. You can have Mango sticky rice sushi using 8 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Mango sticky rice sushi
- Prepare 1/2 cup of jasmine rice.
- You need 1/2 cup of glutinous rice.
- It’s 1 of mango.
- Prepare 4 of oreo cookies.
- You need 3 tbsp of condensed milk.
- You need 4 tbsp of dessicated coconut.
- You need 4 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare Dash of cocoa powder.
Obviously, in addition to being a daily food staple, sticky rice has been used in combination with coconut milk for preparing desserts, including mango sticky rice, banana sticky rice, and several others desserts for. Combine the rice and water in a saucepan; bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat to low. Delicious sticky rice which can be served with any japanese cuisine. Also can be used to make sticky rice with mangoes or sushi.
Mango sticky rice sushi step by step
- Soak glutinous rice in cold water for a few hours.
- Cook both jasmine and glutinous rice (in a rice cooker or however you'd like).
- Peel and cut mango into 1cm by 1cm strips. Also cut into thin slices for topping..
- In a microwaveable bowl, combine brown sugar and coconut, microwave for 30s so the brown sugar is partially melted.
- In a food processor, pulverize oreos into a powder. Use a bag and fists if you must.
- When the rice is ready, mix in a few tablespoons a condensed milk until the desired texture is acheived. We don’t want a pudding texture, nor do we want individual grains..
- When the rice is properly combined, lay out a piece of plastic wrap on your sushi mat. Spread out the rice into a square, keeping the thickness to 0.5-1cm..
- Try to fill the square as much as possible, while allowing overflow space. Sprinkle the oreo crumbs on top until it’s evenly covered. Now take your mango strips and coconut mixture, and place in a line 2 inches near the edge of one side. The photo here replaces cranberry sauce but tbh coconut is better.
- Roll up one side while holding onto your fillings to avoid it from slipping. Tuck it around your filling, while pulling out the plastic wrap so it doesn’t get rolled in. Continue rolling, while evenly applying pressure to the roll. Once you get to the other side, give it a full roll to regain the circular shape..
- Slice (dip knife in water in between), and top with mango slices and a sprinkling of cocoa powder..
Hubby bought a packet of sushi rice from abroad and its been sitting in the fridge for a long time. Try to fill the square as much as possible, while allowing overflow space. Dessert sushi is fun and easy to make! The whole family will love to try fruit sushi! It is a fun way to make mango sticky rice.