Inarizushi (inari-sushi). Inari Sushi is sushi rice in a pouch made of seasoned aburaage (deep fried thin tofu). The most common traditional Inarizushi is a very simple rice dish that is basically the oval-shaped or. Inari sushi, or inarizushi, is stickier in texture than traditional sushi and tastes sweet, vinegary, and salty, all at the same time.
Easy yet delicious, perfect for party, picnic, or any kind of event! Inari sushi is a type of sushi with rice balls wrapped in 'Aburaage' deep-fried tofu pouches. Known as Inarizushi in Japan this sushi is a little different. "Inari" the name, is derived from the "Inari" Shrine. You can cook Inarizushi (inari-sushi) using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Inarizushi (inari-sushi)
- It’s 10 of rectangle fried tofu, aburaage.
- It’s 315 ml of dashi stock.
- It’s 5 Tbs of sugar.
- It’s 2 Tbs of soysauce.
- You need 800 g of vinegared rice.
- Prepare 3 Tbs of roasted sesame seeds.
Homepage > Recipes > Sushi Recipes > Inari Sushi and Fukusa Sushi Recipe (Fried Tofu Pouches Filled with Sushi Rice and Omelette Wrapped Sushi) Is inari sushi related to that shrine in Kyoto with all those orange gates? Inarizushi is a Japanese snack made by filling a fried tofu skin with sushi rice. It has been eaten by common-folk since the Edo.
Inarizushi (inari-sushi) step by step
- Roll the Aburaage with a rolling pin to help the pockets open easily, cut them in half and place them onto a strainer. Carefully pour boiling water over Aburaage to reduce excess oil from aburaage. Make sure that thay gets cold enough to be touched by hands, then squeeze the excess water out..
- In a large pot, combine dashi stock, sugar and soy sauce. Bring it to a boil, add the aburaage in the pot and place a drop lid..
- Simmer aburaage until the liquid gets absorbed into the Aburaage and let them cool down at least for 3 hours in the fridge..
- Mix vinegared rice and sesame seeds. Take 40g of vinegared rice and stuff it into the aburaage. Close the aburaage and place open-side down on a plate..
Inarizushi, or Inari Sushi, is a term for stuffed sushi. Inarizushi. (Oinari San, Inarisushi, Inari Sushi, Inari Zushi, 稲荷寿司, いなり寿司). Inarizushi is a unique sushi variety which consists of chewy tofu pockets filled with fragrant sushi rice. Inarizushi is also called o-inari-san in Japan, a sort of term of respect and endearment combined. Apart from Unagi sushi, Inarizushi is also one of my favourite sushi.