Chilli con Carne. Chili con carne, meaning 'chili with meat', is a spicy stew containing chili peppers (sometimes in the form of chili powder), meat (usually beef). Come home to a warming bowl of this Chili. This meatless (aka vegan) The lentils and beans ensure the chili is hearty and filling, while the peppers, onion and corn give it that real chili con carne feel.
You can experiment with how hot it is by leaving the seeds in the fresh chillies. At chili suppers, this chili con carne recipe always disappears first! It's nice at home, too, since the longer it sits in the refrigerator, the better the taste seems to get. —Janie Turner, Tuttle, Oklahoma. You can cook Chilli con Carne using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chilli con Carne
- You need 500 g of minced beef.
- You need 2 of small onions.
- Prepare 2 of gloves of garlic.
- You need 70 g of tomato paste.
- It’s 2 tsp of spices.
- It’s 400 g of kidneybeans.
- It’s 400 g of canned tomatoes (diced).
- You need 140 g of canned pineapple.
This Chilli Con Carne is a Classic. This belly warming dish of meaty, spicy joy is a regular on our dinner table. Chilli con Carne has to be one of my favourite dishes as its sooo tasty, cheap, healthy and Chilli con Carne recipes from the beginning! The name "chili con carne" is a variation of the Spanish chile.
Chilli con Carne instructions
- Finely dice the onions and mince the garlic..
- Fruit the onion and garlic in a bit of olive oil on low heat, untill the onions turn soft..
- Add the spices and tomato paste, and cook for just a minute to take of the raw edge..
- Add the minced meat and work on medium heat it till it has your desired structure and browning. For me that is fine and dark brown..
- Add the canned tomatoes, the beans and the pineapple. And let simmer uncovered for at least 20 minutes or untill it has your favorite consistency..
- Season to taste, and serve with boiled potatoes, rice, bread or add some more beans and eat it as is. Optional add some shredded cheese..
how to make chili con carne. Chilli con carne – traditional mexican dish – stavros' kitchen. With chunks of chuck roast, browned in bacon fat and cooked with red kidney beans, red chili and chipotle chili, onion, garlic, jalapeños Chili Con Carne Recipe. Does the British version of chilli con carne have its own merits, or is it an affront to one of the American southwest's proudest pieces of culinary heritages? What diets is this Chilli Con Carne suitable for?