Chili con carne. At chili suppers, this chili con carne recipe always disappears first! It's nice at home, too, since the longer it sits The Spanish phrase "chili con carne" means chili with meat, but both chili and chili. You call it Chili, we call it Chilli Con Carne.
Three little words that describe such a wonderful meal. It literally translates from Spanish to "Chili with Meat", and as generic as that sounds, it is filled with fantastic flavor. With chunks of chuck roast, browned in bacon fat and cooked with red kidney beans, red chili and chipotle chili, onion, garlic, jalapeños, tomatoes, and lime juice. You can cook Chili con carne using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chili con carne
- You need 400 gr of ground beef.
- It’s 1 of onion.
- Prepare 3 of garlic.
- Prepare 2 of Chopped tomatoes.
- It’s 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 2 tsp of paprika powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- You need 1 of chopped red paprika.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of tomato puree.
- Prepare 250 gr of kidney beans.
- You need 1/4 tsp of beef stock.
- Prepare of Oil and salt.
Come home to a warming bowl of this Chili. This delicious recipe is great served with rice or on its own for a lighter lunch. Best Chili Recipe for Slow Cooker – How to Make Chili Con Carne – Video Recipes for Truckers. This easy chilli con carne recipe has loads of flavour but uses mainly store cupboard ingredients.
Chili con carne instructions
- Heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, saute it until fragrant.
- Add Ground beef, break it up with your spoon or spatula, and stir it well.
- Stir in oregano, paprika powder, chilli powder, black pepper, cinnamon, and cumin.
- Add chopped tomatoes, some water, stir it, and let it boil.
- Stir in chopped paprika, tomato purée, kidney beans, salt and beef stock.
- Let it boil until thickened, and stir it occasionally.
- Watch the video how did I make this recipe: https://youtu.be/5s_emMKtg10.
Serve with rice, on jacket potatoes or nachos. Basic Chili Con Carne With Beef and Beans. Click Play to See This Chili con Carne Recipe Come Together. This hearty chili has just the right level of spice. One bite and you'll see why it's Betty's Best!