Perfect Baklava tartlets. Baklava is one of the most famous desserts around the world. Usually, it's made of layers of filo filled with chopped nuts and and held together with honey infused syrup. Want a quick treat that's delicious and easy to make?
Instead of layering the honey and nut mixture between buttery layers of phyllo dough as you would do when making traditional baklava, here you spoon. This heavenly Baklava combines honey-soaked layers of flaky phyllo pastry with spiced walnuts. It's a great make-ahead dessert perfect for the holidays or special occasions. You can cook Perfect Baklava tartlets using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Perfect Baklava tartlets
- Prepare 1 packet of filo pastry.
- Prepare 1,5 cup of walnuts.
- It’s 1/2 cup of almonds.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of sugar.
- You need 1 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of clove powder.
- It’s 3/4 cup of butter, melted.
- You need of for the syrup.
- You need 3/4 cup of sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of water.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of honey.
- You need 1 of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 3 of cloves.
These party-perfect bite-size treats are easy to put together with frozen pastry shells and a four-ingredient cream filling. Mix and match flavors using lemon, orange. Perfect baklava: easy to make, even easier to eat. Ustasından cimcime Baklavası yapımı #cicimetatlısı #cimcime #baklava.
Perfect Baklava tartlets instructions
- Pre heat the oven at 180ºC. Prepare the syrup by adding all the ingredients in a small saucepan and bringing it to the boil. Once it reaches boiling point, boil for exactly 3 more minutes and remove from the heat. Let it cool..
- In a food processor, add the nuts, sugar, cinnamon powder and clove powder and blitz to chop the nuts some finely and some not so much. In a separate bowl, keep 3 tbsp behind for decoration..
- Cut every filo sheet (apart from two) in squares. Each filo sheet will produce 6 squares. From the two filo sheets you left behind cut 24 circles using a round cutter or even a class..
- Brush the squares with butter and place two in each muffin space. Add two tbsp of nuts in each tartlet..
- Place the filo circles on top of the nuts and add one more tbsp of nuts. Repeat by placing the remaining of the filo circles, closing each tartlet..
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden. Once they are out of the oven, drizzle some of the syrup in each muffin case and let them cool. Sprinkle the remaining of nuts on top for decoration..
Recipe courtesy of Food Network Kitchen. To make this recipe, I am using a tartlet mold I purchased at Williams-Sonoma. I just love their products – you can always find something unique and unusual for your baking and cooking needs. Perfect Plain Tart and Tartlet Crust. To form tart or tartlet shells, use twice as many pans as projected number of tart or tartlets.