White Cake (egg whites).
You can have White Cake (egg whites) using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of White Cake (egg whites)
- It’s 2 cups of (10oz, 285g) cake flour.
- You need 3/4 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- It’s 3/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of (12 oz, 340g) granulated sugar, 1/2 cup set aside.
- Prepare 2 1/2 sticks of (10 oz, 283g) unsalted butter at room temperature.
- It’s 1 cup of (8 oz, 230g) plain yogurt at room temperature.
- You need 1 tablespoon of real vanilla extract.
- Prepare 6 of fresh egg whites, at room temperature (do not use pasteurized egg whites or they might not whip up properly).
White Cake (egg whites) step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F..
- Line three 8 inch cake pans with a circle of parchment paper or butter and flour the bottom of pans only. Do not butter and flour the sides of the pan..
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt with 1 cup granulated sugar..
- Mix the dry ingredients in a mixer bowl on low speed for 30 seconds to distribute the leavening..
- With the mixer on low speed, add half the yogurt and toss in the butter a tablespoon at a time. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl. With the mixer running on low speed, add the remaining yogurt and vanilla..
- Increase the speed to medium and beat about 3-4 minutes until the batter lightens in texture and becomes aerated. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to make sure there are no pockets of unmixed batter..
- In another bowl, whip the egg whites on medium high until they form soft peaks. Turn the mixer to medium low and slowly add the other 1/2 cup sugar. Turn the mixer to medium high and whip the whites to firm peak..
- Fold the whites into the base in 3 parts. Fold just until there are no streaks of egg white..
- Divide the batter evenly between the 3 pans and spread so it's level..
- Bake about 25-30 minutes until the center of the cake springs back when lightly pressed or a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean..
- Cool 10 minutes in the pan and then turn out onto a cooling rack..
- I iced the cake with Swiss Meringue Buttercream (https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/4896046-swiss-meringue-buttercream?via=sidebar-recipes).