Chicken Fajitas Mashed Potatoes.
You can have Chicken Fajitas Mashed Potatoes using 14 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken Fajitas Mashed Potatoes
- Prepare 3 lb of diced chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 cup of green bell peppers.
- You need 1 cup of red bell peppers.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped onion.
- You need 3 dash of McCormick fajitas seasoning.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 dash of onion powder.
- Prepare 1 dash of ground black pepper.
- It’s 2 box of Idaho Mashed Potatoes.
- It’s 1/2 stick of butter.
- You need 4 cup of milk.
- Prepare 3 cup of water.
- It’s 1 dash of garlic salt.
- You need 2 dash of sea salt.
Chicken Fajitas Mashed Potatoes step by step
- If chicken breasts, green and red bell peppers and onions aren't already chopped (diced) chop each individually then mix together..
- After mixing the chicken breast with vegetables, add 3 dashes of McCormick Fajitas seasoning, then stir..
- Using a frying pan preferably a Mongolian frying pan add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil (stops the meat and veggies from sticking) and set the stove temperature to a low setting..
- After a minute carefully pour the fajitas into the pan and stir until all meat and veggies are spread out..
- Place lid over pan and allow to simmer for 2 to 3 minutes..
- After 2-3 minutes carefully stir the fajitas and allow to cook on the opposite side. The chicken should be half done by then..
- After flipping the fajitas place the lid over the pan again, allowing it to slow cook for another 2 to 3 minutes..
- Within 3 minutes the fajitas should be fully cooked (Note: the chicken should be light brown and tender while the veggies slightly dark and soft)..
- Place lid on the fajitas and turn the stove temperature to very low in order keep fajitas hot..
- If not multitasking, start on the mashed potatoes..
- Place a pot of warm water on the stove and set stove temperature to low..
- After water starts to boil add 1/2 stick of butter to the water..
- After butter melts add 2 boxes of Idaho Potato Mashed Potatoes and stir until the potatoes smoothens out..
- If the potatoes thicken add 3 cups of water..
- Add 4 cups of milk (preferably 2% or Low fat) then continue to stir..
- Add a dash of onion powder..
- Add a dash of garlic salt..
- Add a dash of ground black pepper..
- Add 2 dashes of sea salt..
- Stir the mashed potatoes until the thick and creamy texture..
- When serving, place mashed potatoes in center of the plate then place the chicken fajitas on top of the potatoes and enjoy! :).