Pulled Pork Pitas. Lightly spread one side of each pita fold with garlic mixture. The combination of tender pork and sweet red peppers in these sandwiches will appeal to the whole family. Sometimes I also add caramelized onions.
This time-saver meal is just what you need for those "I am too lazy to cook". Recept på pulled pork som serveras i hembakade pitabröd. Plötsligt pratade alla om pulled pork. You can cook Pulled Pork Pitas using 12 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pulled Pork Pitas
- It’s 1 kg of pork loin.
- You need 3 of purple onions, peeled and halved.
- You need 4 of garlic cloves, whole, unpeeled.
- You need a few of peppercorns.
- It’s 1 tsp of coarse salt.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s 3 of persimmons, peeled and pureed.
- It’s 5 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It’s 2 tbsp of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 100 g of arugula.
- It’s 5-6 of pita breads.
Men hur får man till det där ljuvligt möra fläskköttet som går att dra isär med en gaffel? The Pulled Pork Pita is built off a generous portion of roasted pulled pork grilled in abundance of BBQ sauce. It is topped with lettuce, onions, pickles, and cheddar cheese, but, as always, Pita Pit fans are. This easy pulled-pork recipe cooked in the oven makes the BEST pulled-pork sandwiches.
Pulled Pork Pitas instructions
- Sear meat in a hot pan. Don't bother cooking it all the way through.
- Next, pour in some water, just enough to cover the bottom of the pan. Add, onions, garlic, peppercorns, bay leaves and coarse salt.
- Cover tightly with a lid and cook for 3-4 hours on your lowest setting. Check every 15 min or so and add more liquid if it has evaporated. Turn meat halfway through.
- In another pan, caramelize the brown sugar. Next, add pureed persimmons.
- When it has reduced a bit, add balsamic vinegar and tomato paste. Take off heat.
- Shred the meat with two forks. Add it to the persimmon sauce. Fish out the bay leaves and peppercorns. Crash the cooked garlic and onions.
- To assemble: add a tablespoon of cooking liquid into each pita. Toast in a dry pan. Then, fill with a small handful of arugula, drizzle with balsamic vinegar and fill with shredded pork.
Everyone needs a good pulled-pork recipe, and this, my friends, is the BEST. The typical pulled pork sandwich is piled on buns and served with coleslaw (on the pork or on the side), extra barbecue sauce, dill pickle slices, and your favorite side dishes. Pulled pork is an American barbecue dish, more specifically a dish of the Southern U. S., based on shredded barbecued pork shoulder. It is prototypically slow-smoked over wood (usually outdoors).