Sour cream donuts. Old-Fashioned Sour Cream Doughnuts are coated in glaze and just like the cakey ones at your favorite bakery! No yeast makes this recipe quicker and easier. These old fashioned sour cream donuts are cakey, tender, and made with no yeast!
At my old job I had a boss that was a serious donut lover. I think you'll love how easy and quick these glazed sour cream donuts are to make, and how great they taste with your morning coffee! I love old fashioned sour cream donuts. You can cook Sour cream donuts using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sour cream donuts
- You need 2 1/4 cup of flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of softened butter.
- You need 2 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of sour cream.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of applesauce.
- Prepare 1 of oil for frying.
- You need 3 1/2 cup of powered sugar.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of light corn syrup.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need 1/3 cup of hot water.
This recipe is great because they are baked in the oven. Add sugar, sour cream, and milk to eggs and beat thoroughly. Sift dry ingredients together several times. Stir into egg mixture to make donut batter.
Sour cream donuts step by step
- In large bowl, sift together flour, salt, nutmeg and baking powder.
- Cream butter and sugar in separate large bowl. Add egg yolks and mix well..
- Alternately, mix flour mixture with sour cream until well blended. Add applesauce and mix well..
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill one hour..
- On floured surface, roll dough out to about 1/2 inch thick..
- Cut out donuts, saving the holes. Makes about 12 donuts..
- Heat oil over medium heat..
- One by one fry donuts in oil until light golden brown in color. This does not take long so make sure to watch closely..
- Dry donuts on paper bag to soak up grease..
- For glaze, combine powdered sugar, vanilla extract, salt, light corn syrup and hot water. Whisk until smooth and emmerse each donut and hole and set on wire rack to set. About 20 minutes..
After spending the past couple of weeks baking donuts, I found myself craving a good old fashioned sour cream fried donut. These old fashioned sour cream donuts are cakey, tender, and made with no yeast! It's Sam here from Sugar, Spun Run and today I'll be showing you how to make sour cream donuts These. My grandmother used to make sour cream donuts when her fresh cream went sour. She didn't ever have a written recipe- just measured based on consistency and texture.