You can cook Potato Donut using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato Donut
- It’s 2,5 teaspoons of instant yeast (I use fermipan or mauripan).
- It’s 125 ml of lukewarm milk.
- It’s 80 gr of caster sugar.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- Prepare 500 gr of strong white flour (I use "cakra kembar" or komachi).
- You need 1,5 teaspoons of salt.
- It’s 350 gr of steamed potatoes, mashed.
- Prepare 50 gr of unsalted butter, room temperature.
Potato Donut instructions
- In a large bowl, whisk together instant yeast, sugar & milk. Whisk until sugar dissolved & let the mixture sit for 5-8 minutes. It supposed to grow much bubbles as the sign that the yeast is active..
- Crack the egg & add it into the yeast mixture. Then sift together the flour & salt into the bowl. Dump in the mashed potatoes & butter. Stir everything with a wooden spoon until well incorporated. (I use hand covered in plastic gloves to make sure there is no lumps)..
- Sit the dough for 5 minutes. (I use this spare time to wash all small containers I used). After that knead vigorously for 20 minutes, the dough should be elastic by now..
- Round the dough & spray some oil all over it's surface. Put it back in the bowl & cover with some cling wrap to proof until double in size, around an hour. (At this step, I divide the dough into 4 parts then spray with some oil, put them each in a freezer safe clip bag and store in my freezer. The dough can be stored for 2 months)..
- Put the dough on a floured surface & punch it to release the air. Divide the dough into balls weighing around 25-50 grams. Put them on a floured tray & let then sit for 10 minutes..
- Preheat the deep frier (I use traditional pan) & just before frying, use your finger to create a hole on the dough. Fry in a low heat & flip once after the bottom gets brown..