Chicken Fajita Stuffed Peppers. These Chicken Stuffed Peppers are filled with black beans, corn, onion, and brown rice — you pretty much have all the food groups in one bite! Here is a healthy entree that takes a little bit of extra time, but it's is well worth it in the end. Get all the zesty flavors of sizzling fajitas in a healthy stuffed pepper that's easy enough for a weeknight meal.
Transfer the cooked veggies to a bowl. In the same bowl, mix in the cream cheese, cheddar, and pepper jack, stirring until evenly incorporated. Hard to Believe one little pepper can be packed with SO MUCH FLAVOR! You can have Chicken Fajita Stuffed Peppers using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Fajita Stuffed Peppers
- It’s 4 of large green bell peppers.
- It’s 2-1/2 c of riced cauliflower.
- You need 8 oz of boneless chicken breast, pounded to 1/2" thickness.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1/4 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 c of chopped onion.
- Prepare 1/2 c of shredded reduced-fat Mexican-blend cheese.
- It’s 1/4 c of fat-free plain Greek-style yogurt.
- It’s 1/4 c of salsa.
Try out these Chicken Fajita Stuffed Peppers! Find this recipe and MORE at. So easy to make, and so quick. The method involves quickly searing the meat on a griddle or grill, and then slicing and serving with quickly seared peppers and onions.
Chicken Fajita Stuffed Peppers step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F..
- Slice stem top of peppers and remove seeds. Place cut side up in deep baking dish, leaning against sides if needed. Bake until tender, 20-30 min..
- Combine cumin, chili powder, garlic powder and salt. Set aside..
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray and heat on med. Season chicken using half of the seasonings. Cook in skillet until cooked through, about 4 min. on each side. Transfer to cutting board and chop into small pieces..
- Remove skillet from heat and wipe clean. Re-spray and bring to med. heat. Add cauliflower, onion and remaining seasoning. Cook and stir until almost tender. Add in chicken and finish cooking veggies..
- Blot away excess moisture from peppers. Fill with chicken mixture. Sprinkle on cheese. Top with salsa and yogurt..
While you're standing by the oven, you'll want to begin boiling a pot of water as well. Cut each pepper in half lengthwise (through the stem). Seed and de-vein the peppers then boil them for four to five minutes. Two great meals combined in one; chicken fajitas and stuffed peppers. Fajita Stuffed Chicken is a great family meal.