Granny's chicken soup. You can cheat and use canned chicken stock—but it won't be quite the same. Share: Rate this Recipe Granny's Best Chicken Soup. Remember that old platitude about chicken soup being good for the soul?
From Chicken Soup for the Soul: Grandmothers. I will never forget the first time I heard my granny quote the Bible. No, not the King James version. You can have Granny's chicken soup using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Granny's chicken soup
- Prepare 2 of skinless chicken breast.
- Prepare 1 of white or yellow onion.
- It’s 1 of stalk celery.
- You need 1/2 of bag of carrots.
- Prepare 1 of clove garlic.
- It’s 3 of cups dry egg noodle.
- Prepare dash of garlic salt.
- You need tbsp of parsely.
- Prepare 3 of Bay leaves.
- It’s 1 of ground black pepper to taste.
This savory, homemade chicken noodle soup made with chicken broth, egg noodles, vegetables, and chicken is a real people Grandma's Chicken Noodle Soup. This recipe for grandma's chicken soup from scratch is from our treasured family recipes. Cold-busting, flavor-packed homemade chicken soup recipe. This chicken noodle soup recipe is packed with chunks of chicken, celery, onions & fresh parsley!
Granny's chicken soup instructions
- In separate pan fry chicken cut into small bite size pieces.
- In a pot it helps to already have about 12 cups water boiling add vegetables and chicken let cook 30 minutes on med heat or put on a lid and let simmer as long as u like..
- When ur ready add your noodles to ur pot and let cook till they are tender.enjoy.
The homemade broth is so fresh and savory and the thyme just adds that punch that most chicken noodle. When noodles are done, add to chicken soup and keep warm. You can serve right away or give it a few hours to allow flavors to meld. This old-fashioned chicken noodle soup is the best we have ever tasted. It is also a snap to make with the ingredients you have right in your own pantry.