Chicken Tikka Masala.
You can have Chicken Tikka Masala using 17 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken Tikka Masala
- You need 1 of Clove.
- It’s 2 of Cardamon Pods.
- Prepare of Small piece of Cinnamon (2cm).
- You need 1/2 tsp of Cumin Powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Mild Madras Curry Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Smoked Paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of ginger.
- It’s 1 of garlic clove.
- You need 3 tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of natural yoghurt (not Greek style).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato purée (mixed with a little water).
- You need 4 tbsp of coconut milk.
- It’s Handful of fresh coriander.
- It’s 8 of Chicken Tikka pieces (add more if desired).
- You need 100 ml of Single Cream.
- It’s 1 portion of base gravy (see my other recipes for this).
Chicken Tikka Masala step by step
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cinnamon, cloves and Cardamon pods. Fry these for two minutes on a medium heat and then remove them from the oil..
- Add ginger, garlic and other spices to the oil. Cook for 1 minute and then add the tomato purée and cook for a further few minutes and the add the salt..
- Add a portion of base gravy (around 2 ladles full). You can find the recipient for the base gravy in my other recipes. Mix this together and then add the natural yoghurt and coconut milk. Reduce this to a thicker consistency and then add the sugar..
- Add in the pre-cooked chicken Tikka pieces and cook for a further 5 minutes. Start adding the single cream bit by bit until you reach your desired consistency..
- Add most of the coriander (keeping some back for dressing your dishes) and cook until the sauce is a slightly thicker consistency..